Psalm 33:2 says, "Give thanks to the LORD..."
I'm not always good at this. I'm a better complainer than thanks-giver. It's more natural for me to see the few things that aren't what they could be, rather than the countless good things that God has already done. I'm trying to get better at that and was struck this morning by the multitude of amazing things God did just this Sunday in our church. Here are a few:
- We had two powerful worship services and continued our journey through John's gospel called "Encountering Jesus."
- We got to celebrate God opening a new ministry opportunity to Ryan Barger, our director of production, at Harvest Bible Chapel of Denver. While we're sad to see him go, but thrilled to see him seize an opportunity for even more fruitful ministry.
- We re-launched our student ministry after an almost two-month break to record attendance.
- We hosted our second Act Like Men event with 200 men gathering together Sunday night to get after God together.
- We had 8 men who weren't in small groups, sign up for one coming out of Act Like Men. That's 8 men who were fighting for holiness alone, that will now begin pursuing Jesus in Biblical community!
- I had the privilege of watching our staff and many volunteers serve from 6:30a until after 9p and I never heard a single complaint and never saw a hint of anything other than joy in their faces to be serving Jesus.
- I watched Pastor Tyler, our Executive Pastor, serve all day long and then surprise our staff and volunteers by cooking them all dinner in the midst of a long day of service.
- I continue to hear stories of God at work in the hearts and lives of people in our church.
If you're reading this and call Harvest Hickory home, we have MUCH to thank the Lord for. (You can also check out pics from the day on my Instagram feed). Regardless, of what church family you call "home" I'd love to hear some things you want to thank the Lord for. Where do you see God at work?